Inaugural MIC Image Contest!
September 15th, 2015
The Molecular Imaging Center is excited to announce its first ever Image Contest! Any images acquired on MIC instruments are eligible. Winning images will be featured in the 2016 MIC Wall Calendar (also a first) as well as on the MIC and Open MIC sites.
Thanks to generous sponsorship by Zeiss Microscopy, we will offer the following prizes:
- Grand prize: $200 Amazon Gift Card + calendar
- 2nd place: $100 Amazon Gift Card + calendar
- 3rd place: $50 Amazon Gift Card + calendar
- Honorable Mention (9): 2016 MIC Calendars
For complete rules and directions on how to enter, see below. Contact Jen Lee with any questions. Good luck!
MIC Image Contest – Sponsored by Zeiss Microscopy
- Image(s) must have been acquired on a MIC instrument. It does not have to be acquired on a Zeiss instrument.
- The following information must be submitted with each image through the Image Contest Google Form:
- Lab affiliation
- University status
- MIC Instrument used to acquire image
- Relevant acquisition settings (Modality, objective magnification, special optics, etc.)
- A short description, including organism/system/process, legend for channels (if applicable)
- Scientific or technical significance, if applicable
- Each person can submit up to 3 images. However, a separate Entry Form must be completed for each image. More than 1 image may be selected for the calendar, but only 1 prize will be awarded per person.
- Image file settings: (Please contact Jen Lee if you have any questions.)
- Grayscale or CMYK (Note: CMYK is preferred, but if you’re having trouble converting to CMYK from RGB, just submit the RGB image)
- Pixel resolution: 300 dpi
- Size: 11 inches (width) x 8 inches (height). Tip: if possible, don’t crop your image too tightly, as the image may be trimmed during production.
- Preferred formats: pdf, ai, psd. Also acceptable: tif, jpg
- Please name file(s) with identifying information (e.g., first and last name)
- Images should be sent to Jen via email or links to Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box. Alternatively, you can bring a USB key to LSA 251.
- Judging criteria:
- Visual impact
- Technical expertise
- Scientific and/or technical significance
- Submission deadline EXTENDED: Monday, November 2, 2015, 11:59 p.m.
- Grand prize: $200 Amazon gift card and a 2016 MIC Calendar
- 2nd prize: $100 Amazon gift card and a 2016 MIC Calendar
- 3rd prize: $50 Amazon gift card and a 2016 MIC Calendar
- Honorable mentions (9 total): 2016 MIC Calendar
- Finalists will be notified by December 1, 2015. Winning images will be announced at the Open MIC Holiday Party on December 17, 2015.
- By entering your image(s) into the contest, you are giving permission to Zeiss and the MIC to use your image(s), with proper attribution.